Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing pt.2

My group and I continued editing our commercial. I cut some parts of the video so that it would thirty seconds. I decided to wait to add the voiceover before cutting more of the video. I added inserts of the school and course catalogs my group member found. Some inserts were impossible to find. A picture of building 21 cannot be found online. No matter how hard anyone looks. I felt frustrated because I need the course catalog for the commercial. I don 't understand how we can find other pictures of the school, but not building 21. I decided, for now, there will be no photo of building 21. I used a different picture of a room inside of building 21.

The editing part of the commercial is stressful. Especially if there is a time limit. It is hard for me to cut the commercial down to thirty seconds. Once I added the voiceover and cut down the spaces in the voiceover, the video was still over time. I would add inserts to fix spacing issues. The inserts also helped with the timing of the voiceovers. Some scenes we shot could not be extended. Which is where the inserts came into play. After inserts were added, I started cutting the inserts. The inserts helped a lot with timing.

When playing the video as a whole, I noticed there was a weird jumpcut even with a transition. It took a while to figure out what the problem was. I realized that on transition was shorter than the other. Fixing the timing was hard, but I did it. A voiceover clip sounded choppy. I had to extend one part at the end. Playing the part over it sounded better. I couldn't hear the jumpcut. However, there was still a problem. The video was thirty-four seconds long and needed to be cut by four seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Essay

Media gets marketed every day on multiple platforms. A business will spend thousands of dollars in marketing. Marketing is essential in the ...