Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming the Commercial

Today my group and I filmed our school commercial. We decided to start at the front of the school. We filmed in a different order than what we planned. We did it for convenience. It was easier to film buildings that were next to each other. There were other people using our filming areas, so we went to the buildings that we knew were empty. I carried the camera. I was also the director. I made sure my actress was in the position of the camera and knew what she had to do. I had another group member become a clapper since we don't have a clapper yet.

I made sure each shot had the right camera angles. I filmed two opening scene spots. We weren't sure if the first location was good so I suggested we film in another area. We filmed our second location at the Senior Patio where the gym is behind. The lightening there was much better than our original location, the office. The gym was the best location because it showed our school motto. I was able to get the school mascot logo in the video. However, my group and I need to refilm the opening scene on Monday because we didn't like how the shot came out. Once we refilm we will do our voiceovers. We save the voiceovers for last since we need a quiet place to do it.

Editing the videos will hopefully be smooth since we will be adding inserts into our commercial. I believe I was able to get enough content to work with. If having an actor makes our commercial too long, I will have backup videos that show only the building. The commercial can only be 30 seconds long. Inserts should cut the timings of the video. I will be using iMovie to edit the commercial. iMovie already comes with my laptop, making it easier to edit the commercial. I like editing. Putting together parts of clips are fun. Editing helps a video get a message across to audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Essay

Media gets marketed every day on multiple platforms. A business will spend thousands of dollars in marketing. Marketing is essential in the ...